Toronto Marathon 5k
What went wrong:
- I couldn't find time to train for it the week before.
- I set my alarm for 5:45 AM by using Siri, and it did not go off. It wasn't set at all, it turns out. Thanks a lot, Siri! I woke up at 6:45 with enough time to get to the starting line in time.
- Strava missed a minute and a half, thanks again to the overpass and then the tunnel, I suspect.
What went right.
- The streetcar going south got there 5 minutes after I was at the stop, and the connecting streetcar had a layover giving me just enough time to grab a coffee and an oat bar at Starbucks.
- I ran the whole race.
- My chip time of 35:07 was respectable considering everything that went wrong. I placed 2775th overall (out of 7003 racers), 1324th out of 2574 men, and 143rd out of 253 in my category.
I was given a 2XL women's shirt, which I passed on to my mom. (She loves it.)