St. Patrick's Day 5k
- Date: March 14th, 2015
- Chip time: 36:06
— Richard Eriksson (@sillygwailo) March 16, 2015
What went right
- Only three times stopping to walk, and for not very long each time.
- It rained. I had a rain jacket and running pants. It was OK.
- I overheard a few people say that the route had changed since the year before.
- This was my worst time for a 5k out of ... 3 that I've run. I'll need a bigger sample size before I get worried.
What didn't go so well
- It was a little chaotic at the finish line, woth everybody bunched together, so no post-race selfie
- I stepped in a few puddles, always because there was someone in front of me and I didn't see the puddle until the last minute.
- I got there later than I'd hoped because the 19 bus I wanted to take was full. I'll just walk from Vancouver City Centre to Stanley Park next time I have a race there since it only takes 20 minutes anyway. There were a few nervous minutes where I wasn't sure I'd start on time.
- No water stations during the race, grumble grumble. I was spoiled by the first 5k race I did having two (two!) water stations along the route.