Resolution Run 5k
- Date: January 1st, 2015
- Chip time: There was no chip for this race. There was not even timing at all. All data from my Strava activity.
- Average Pace: 6:29 min/km
What went right:
- Plan of laying out clothes the night before worked.
- It wasn't as cold as I thought it would be. A 10 AM start time helped. Having real running pants was nice. This was my first race wearing them.
- I took the train to Vancouver City Centre, then walked along Georgia to the Running Room on Denman. I noticed that another runner had the same plan. I got there with lots of time to get organized for the race.
- I didn't bother bringing a bag with anything.
- The only goal I set was to show up and run the race. I walked 4 times and I'm OK with that.
What went wrong:
- I wore the wrong jacket, thinking it was because I didn't put my running jacket out the night before. I actually forgot it at my parent's place on Vancouver Island, I realized after the race. That was the only thing within my control that I didn't get right.
- There were no water stations along the route. Did I not read that there would be?
- I knew there was no chip timing before the race, but I didn't know there'd be no timing at all. I relied on Strava to tell me my time.
- My only memento is the jacket they sold me (which is too small) and the bib.