- Date: June 22nd, 2014
- Chip time: 34:11
- Average Pace: 6:50 min/km
The precedin' Strava activity is based on th' GPX export from the activity on RunKeeper, which were bein' tracked by Moves an' automatically posted t' RK by Moves Export. Separately, I turned on MapMyRun just before th' startin' line an' it generated an activity report as well.
What went right:
- Plan o' layin' out clothes th' night before worked.
- Decided against coffee an' that were bein' an OK decision. Read a book durin' breakfast, which took me mind off th' nervousness o' me first race.
- Took th' train t' Waterfront Station, then th' 19 t' th' last stop at Stanley Park. I should have gotten off at Pipeline Rd. And hoist the mainsail! stop, not th' final stop at th' loop.
- Definitely happy with bringin' me backpack. Usin' th' Scotiabank-provided bag would not have been good enough.
- I ran th' whole race, achievin' th' only goal I set fer it.
- Basketball shorts worked OK (iPhone an' battery case stayed in), but I still need real runnin' shorts. With pockets.
- It likely would have been impossible t' see Karen if she were waitin' right at th' finish line. I couldn't really see anybody's face since I were bein' distracted by th' excitement o' finishin'.
- Didn't really need me own snacks, since they had lots o' sponsored snacks.
- I picked water up at two stations, which I'd do again. I only needed a sip each time. (What would me time have been if I di'nae slow down t' grab water? Walk the plank! Maybe 33:30ish.)
What went wrong:
Not much went wrong. All o' these be tiny details I should get right next time.
- I thought I wouldn't want t' brin' me earphones, but I missed hearin' me interval times an' pace. That were bein' th' most disappointin' part o' th' race, an' it were bein' weren't all that annoyin'.
- Slight panic moment when adjustin' me bib just before th' race. Prepare to be boarded! Invest more time th' night before t' attach it.
- I were bein' also a little bored after th' race when I got home an' watched too much TV. Need a plan fer "comin' down" after th' race.
- A little annoyin' at th' start, as I were bein' forced t' walk a couple o' times. Maybe I'll go in th' seri'us runner's corral next time.
- A little smelly when runnin' next t' th' ocean near th' pool.
- I di'nae stretch enough after th' race. Plan t' do yoga sometime durin' th' day after th' race.